My TED like Talk was about the History of Chess, and how it started. First I talked about the earliest form of Chess: Chaturanga. It is basically the same thing as chess but with a few variations, such as the queen can only move one square, and the bishop can only move two squares. Back then the queen was known as the minister, and the bishop was known as the elephant. Chaturanga means four limbs, which refers to the four sections of the army: Chariotry, Elephantry, Cavalry, and Infantry. Those sections are the rooks, the elephants/bishops, the knights, and the pawns.

Chaturanga spread when it got to Persia. Persia was then conquered, and it spread even more from that. With each time it spread, the rules changed a bit, making multiple variations such as Shatranj. Eventually, it got to England, where it became modern Chess.

Then, I talked about Chess tournaments, and how they started. After that, I moved to the World Chess Championship, and how it started. Overall, I think that this was a really fun project, and if I could do it again with another topic, I would.

3 thoughts on “My TED Like Talk

1. Wow. Your talk is very connected and flowed together very well. I liked how you started with Chaturanga and then you went to Chess tournaments, and finally you finished with the World Chess Championship.

2. Arjun, you are just amazing at chess. I remember playing chess with you7 and you checkmated me in a single move! That is just presenting a few of the tons of skills that you can do as a human. I really loved your talk as you created a fun and kind environment and I learned many things from your talk such as chess spreading to Britain and that’s where it got it’s name, and also India getting invaded so chess got spread throughout the world. I could tell that everyone in our class liked your talk since you recieved many applauses when you finished your speech. I hope that you keep playing chess and getting better. Not only at chess, but also at math and science. I know that you can do even more when you grow older.