Book Cover

I have been reading “10 Things I Hate About Pinky” by Sandhya Menon. It is about a girl whose parents think that she is all bad, all the time. During summer, they traveled to their summer house. There, they met up with her cousin, Dolly. The next day, the barn burned down. Pinky’s mom blamed her, but in reality, it was Dolly. To prove to her mom that she is not all bad, she finds a fake boyfriend who is her parents dream. He wears suits & had an internship with a law firm. This book is about how she cons her parents.

I often choose window books because I want a look into other people’s worlds. It is usually more exciting to read a whole new story than to find someone that is exactly like me. If I wanted to read a mirror book, I would just look at  myself.

I think that this book is a window because I don’t think that I am a bad child. Pinky said, “Dolly is the person who puts up monuments, I’m the one who graffiti’s them.” I don’t have a summer house or a perfect cousin. So I think that this is a look into a new world.